May 19, 2012

Pork Schnitzel with Tomato, Onion and Mushrooms

I have not posted in a very long time!  It is not that I haven't been baking or cooking, time just seemed to fly by in the last few months.  I have been trying to focus on coming up with some recipes for dinner mains.  I noticed, with the help of a friend from Edmonton, that I have a lot of dessert recipes, but not a lot for mains.  Since meat and vegetables dishes are a staple in my diet, it is about time that I focus on those.  Most importantly, I need to share them with you!

This recipe is not fancy and is super easy to make.  In the past, my mom would serve this with rice on the side, but if you do not eat grains, I suggest steaming your favourite vegetables instead.


Pork Schnitzel with Tomato, Onions and Mushrooms

3-4 lbs pork schnitzel (pork cutlets or chops can be used instead)
1/2 red onion sliced thin
10 white mushrooms sliced
1 can (398 ml) organic tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. arrowroot powder

1. Preheat oven to 350'C.
2. Salt and pepper both sides on the pork. Place in a 9x13'' glass baking dish. 
3. Place the sliced onions and mushrooms on top. 
4. Pour the tomato sauce and water on top. 
5. Cover with tin foil and bake for 60-75 minutes. 
6. Dissolve arrowroot powder in 1/4 cup of water. Pour into the liquid in the dish.  Stir to thicken.  *You can skip this step if you want the liquid to be thin. 
7. Serve with a side of your favourite steamed vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment