November 24, 2011

Banana and Raspberry Muffins

I have not posted for quite a while! I did not have any almond flour in the house for a few weeks, but I ordered - http://www.jkgourmet.com/ some last week and was super excited when the box arrived on my doorstep on Friday.  It was like an early Christmas present arriving.  My immediate thought was about what I should make first.  I also knew that I needed to plan ahead to ensure I had enough for the Christmas baking I will be doing in mid-December.  After all, Christmas would not be complete without shortbread and gingerbread.

Here is a muffin recipe that I made last night.  These muffins turned out great and, of course, they received Michael's approval.  
  
Banana and Raspberry Muffins

3 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. baking soda

1/4 cup grapeseed oil
3 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. coconut sugar
3 medium bananas - mashed

1 cup frozen raspberries (or blueberries)
1 tsp. arrowroot powder

Preheat oven to 350'C.  Line 12 muffin cups with parchment paper liners (or grease cups with grapeseed oil).

Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.  In a small bowl, whisk together the grapeseed oil, eggs, vanilla and coconut sugar.  Stir in mashed bananas.  Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and combine. Sprinkle the frozen fruit with the arrowroot powder - stir to coat the fruit.  Gently fold the frozen fruit into the muffin mixture.

Fill the muffin cups evenly (about half way) with the batter.  Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly brown on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment