August 12, 2011

10 out of 10 Brownies

I love to share my baking knowing that it brings satisfaction to someone else.  I love to watch and wait for that moment when they look at me and, with a mouthful, try to mutter how good it tastes.

I recently went to visit my friend and brought her some Almond butter brownies.  After eating one, she asked, "How do you get them to be like this?"  I told her that I did not know what she meant.  She explained that usually brownies are dry or are really gooey, which makes them seem undercooked.  She was not sure how to get them perfect (like mine).  I did not have an answer for her, but maybe when I was making them I knew someone would love them.  Maybe that made them cook and taste like perfection?

Michael and I agree that this is the one recipe that is a '10 out of 10.'  This recipe comes from Elana Amsterdam's website http://www.elanaspantry.com/brownies/

Chocolate Chip Brownies

1 (16) ounce jar salted almond butter, smooth roasted
2 eggs
1 ¼ cups
agave nectar (I use 3/4 cup of agave nectar or honey)
1 tablespoon
vanilla extract
½ cup
cacao powder
½ teaspoon
celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup
dark chocolate chips (I chop up Bernard Callebaut's dark chocolate)

  1. In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender
  2. Blend in eggs, then blend in agave and vanilla
  3. Blend in cacao, salt and baking soda, then fold in chocolate chips
  4. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish
  5. Pour batter into dish
  6. Bake at 325°F for 35-40 minutes
Makes about 24 brownies

1 comment:

  1. I like to think I've tasted my share of brownies and these are the best, hands down. And, no, I still don't know how you get them so perfect but if it's simply because you love making them, then keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete